|The final podium of Giro Rosa. 1. Mara Abbott 2. Tatiana Guderzo 3. Claudis Hausler. Photo: Giro Rosa Press Office|
Eleonora Van Dijk won the last stage of this year’s Giro Rosa, a 16.7 km long time trial. Evelyn Stevens took second place after her teammate from Specialized Lululemon while Shara Gillow finished third.
As expected, the 16.7 km didn’t change much in the overall classification. Mara Abbott kept her Pink Jersey and was celebrated as the final winner after two great performances in the mountains. Especially her first stage win was spectacular when she distanced Marianne Vos with more than five minutes.
Next year’s Giro Rosa will be the 25th edition and Patron Rivolta promise it will be a wonderful race. We hope for a great year for women’s cycling and are already looking forward to next year’s Giro.
Stage 8 results
1. Van Dijk Eleonora (Specialized Lululemon)
2. Stevens Evelyn (Specialized Lululemon) a 35"
3. Gillow Shara (Orica Ais) a 52"
4. Ferrand Prevot Pauline (Rabo Woman Cycling Team) a 57"
5. Villumsen Linda Melanie (Wiggle Honda) a 1'02"
6. Wiles Tayler (Specialized Lululemon) a 1'10"
7. Gunnewijk Loes (Orica Ais) a 1'11"
8. Van den Breggen Anna (Nazionale Olanda) a 1'13"
9. Burchenkova Alexandra (Rusvelo) a 1'15"
10. Small Carmen (Specialized Lululemon) a 1'17"
1. Abbott Mara (Nazionale Usa) in 20h30'15"
2. Guderzo Tatiana (MCipollini Ale Galassia) a 1'33"
3. Hausler Claudia (Tibco To The Top) a 2'18"
4. Gillow Shara (Orica Ais) a 3'29"
5. Stevens Evelyn (Specialized Lululemon) a 3'39"
The 5 Jerseys:
Leader: Abbott Mara (USA)
Points: Vos Marianne (Rabo Woman Cycling Team)
KOM: Abbott Mara (Usa)
Youth: Cauz Francesca (Top Girls FassaBest Italian: Guderzo Tatiana (MCipollini Ale Galassia)
By Alberto Celani
Post a Comment