Friday, November 2, 2012

De la Fuente is running out of options

David de la Fuente wearing the polka
dot jersey in the Tour de France 2008.
David de la Fuente was one of the many riders without a team for 2012 when GEOX decided to stop their sponsorship last year and one year after de la Fuente finds himself in the same situation again.

Last year the Spanish climber managed to secure a contract with Caja Rural for this season but miscommunication and broken promises have put an end to that partnership. 

"As of today I have no team for next year", David de la Fuente tells 
C-Cycling and continues: "I have been talking with some teams but they are all already filled up for next year. The only thing I can say for sure is that I won't continue with Caja Rural. I was told I could prolong my contract, they gave me their word, but they didn't keep it and now I have to find another team."

David de la Fuente knows it won’t be easy to find a new
team but he hopes can manage as he feels that he still has something left in the tank.

"My situation is very complicated and things are generally not easy in today’s cycling but I hope there is a team who will give me a chance because I still feel I have a lot left in my legs", he assures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment